N.A.L. House Rules
N.A.L. House Rules
Here are the particulars of the variations we use. If you have any questions or comments, email me, the Dictator-For-Life.
* Mike Reeder did some very handy statistical analysis showing why Sigurd's Injury Rule produces better, more logical results. It's so handy, I've included it here!
- Jervis Johnson's Allies and rookie big guys rules, using the official league Ally Table
- Limit of 4 allies per team (may not start team with them)
- Limit of 2 big guys per team
- Limit of 2 star players per team (preferrably not the same ones)
- Big guy/ally star players OK, but they count against all applicable limits (Example: A Wood Elf team buys Deeproot Strongbranch. They may buy only 1 other big guy, 1 other star, and 3 other total allies)
- Regeneration works on 3+
- Sigurd Garshol's Injury rules*
- Official League Star Players list to include all "official" Blood Bowl/Death Zone stars, plus others. Here's a link to the official league Star Players list
- The following failed actions constitute a turnover.
- A block in which the blocker falls down
- Failing to pick up the ball by a player that specifically attempts it
- A pass in which the ball isn't DIRECTLY** caught by a member of the moving team
- A failed movement (leap, dodge, gfi, etc) that results in the mover falling down
- Any special play card or wizard which specifically states as such in it's rules
- Any action which causes an illegal procedure to be called against your team (unless a rr is spent)
- Getting caught fouling (unless call is successfully argued)
- A TD is scored
- All minor rules disputes are to be ultimately decided by the Dictator for Life, me! :) Of course, it would be better if you could resolve it yourselves, then ask me for the official word later. :)
- Tournament dates to be announced, with the Chaos Cup occuring randomly during the season.
- No player trades or free agency of players allowed.
- No Grab Bag Cards
- Bribery (aka bounties, card use, etc.) is allowed and encouraged. A bounty page will be setup should the need arise.
- After each game, send an email to The Commish. Should include: opponent, result, new record, new TR, and anything else you'd like to add.
- Dwarves may either have Alchemist as described in DZ book, or a runesmith (same cost). He dispels enemy wizard's declared action on a roll of 3+.
**Directly: Specifically, this means that the ball may not touch the ground, or go out of bounds. An inaccurate pass which is caught without hitting the ground would therefore NOT be a turnover.