- By Jim Wade
- Powerman 5000 - This was the second time that I was forced to watch them, they haven’t improved.
- Limp Bizkit - Wow, this is the worst band that I have ever seen live. They are truly horrible. Hopefully next time Primus will bring only one opening band, because it really sucks to have to suffer through two hours of complete shit before Primus.
- Primus - GREAT SHOW. Each time I see them they just keep getting better and better. Les was in a good mood, he was dancing around like the Claypool of old. This is a good thing because the last two times I saw them, Les didn’t look too happy.
- 1 - To Defy the Laws of Tradition
- 2 - Groundhog’s Day
- 3 - Duchess and the Proverbial Mindspread
- 4 - Pudding Time
- 5 - Southbound Pachyderm / Arnie
- 6 - Those Damned Blue-Collared Tweekers
- 7 - Fisticuffs
- 8 - My Name is Mud
- 9 - Kalamazoo
- 10- Jerry was a Race Car Driver
- 11- Puddin’ Taine
- 12- Seas of Cheese
- 13- Over the Falls
- 14- Tommy the Cat / Awakening / Brain drum solo
- 15- Frizzle Fry
- 16- Too Many Puppies / Hello Skinny
- The band came out to music from PeeWee’s Big Adventure, as usual and started with to defy. During the quiet part before, “Suppose the tax man, he comes to town.” part, Les spoke to us. He said, “Hi, we’re Primus. Tonight you’re going to get about an hour and a half of Primus. We’re going to play some old Primus, and some shiny new Brown Primus. So, without further ado...here’s some more Primus.
- Right before Seas of Cheese, Les looked up to where I was sitting with my girlfriend on the third balcony and said, “Hey, what’s it like sitting up there? Is it cool? Do you like it?” The view from there was great. It was especially good for the drum solo. I highly recommend that you go see a show at the American Theatre. It’s a kick ass place. Every seat had a great view of the stage.
- Brain’s drum solo was so amazing. It was the best one I have seen him play. He has some unbelievable stamina. From our vantage point, we could see Les offstage, he intently watched the whole thing. Ler was sitting on a seat beside the drum set and at one point, he put his beer on Brain’s left floor tom. Brain dropped his left stick and grabbed the beer. He took a swig, and he never missed a beat. Everyone was going nuts.
- The Too Many Puppies / Hello Skinny medley is truly awsome. It’s a good way to end the show.
- The crowd sucked. There were a lot of cool Primus fans, but there were also people that actually came to see Limp Bizket! Can you believe that shit? These little fourteen year old Korn-fan faggots should be set on fire. That band doesn’t deserve to play on the same stage as Primus, and there fans don’t deserve to witness the spectacle that is Primus.
- The stage show was amazing. The lights were used perfectly. There were three huge spheres that were suspended from the ceiling. Two of them had the Primus “P” star on one side and the latest Primus logo on the other. The other ball had a swirl with stars on it. These spheres rotated the whole time that Primus played.