An entry level position in the computer field in either software
design/engineering, consulting, or system administration.
Computrain -- Computer Programmer
- General Housewares, Inc.
- Rebuilt a mainframe report as an Access report using Visual Basic for Applications.
- Created an Excel template that allows storage of spreadsheet data
in Access using DAO.
Data Label, Inc. -- Computer Programmer
- Assisted in establishing the company's LAN.
- Translated and redesigned database applications from BASIC on WANG-VS to
Visual dBase on Windows 95.
Student Academic Services Center, ISU -- Mathematics Tutor
1996 to 1997
- Assisted students enrolled in math, computer science,
and physics courses at ISU.
-- Textbook Dept. Clerk
1994 to 1997
- Assisted students in finding books for their classes.
- Bought back books from students at the end of the semester.
- Helped with shipping, receiving and processing of textbooks and
other stock items.
Bachlor of Science --
Indiana State University
- Cumulative GPA: 3.61/4.00
- Course work completed on C/C++ programming, data structures,
assembly language(mainframe and PC), graphics programming, software
engineering, database processing, operating systems, theory of
computation, artificial intelligence, algorithm analysis, computer
architecture, digital circuit simulation, programming languages,
client/server programming, and compiler design.
- Proficient in UNIX, Linux, Windows 95, MS-DOS and MacOS operating
- Familiar with VMS, CP/M, and WANG-VS systems.
- Programming languages include C/C++, assembly language, Visual Basic,
and a working knowledge of Pascal, BASIC, Java, and Perl.
- Outstanding Senior Award in Computer Science, 1998
- ISU Success Award - Fall 1997
- Dean's List - Fall 1996, Spring 1997
- ISU Creative & Performing Arts Award, Fall 1993