Thanks go out so the following people who have helped bring tree to the
pinnacle of perfection that it is: ;)
- Added HTML output (-H).
- Added options -o, -L and -R.
- Added -S option to print ASCII graphics lines for use under Linux
console when an alternate console font has been selected (might also
work under DOS telnet).
- Made tree more portable. Should compile under Solaris.
- Discovered bug where tree will segmentation fault on long pathnames.
- Discovered in -L argument processing.
- Discovered problem with recursive symlink detection
- Suggested option to remove file and directory report at end of tree
- Spotted memory over-allocation bug in read_dir().
- Submitted several patches to fix various memory leaks.
- Reported that Tru64 defines TRUE/FALSE in sys/types.h (OSF1 standard?)
- Found bug in tree that caused it to seg-fault if 50 file arguments where
given and directory coloring was turned on.
- Discovered tree crashed on missing arguments.
- Discovered that tree did not properly encode characters in filenames
when used as URLs when using the -H option.
- Pointed out that tree did not list large files.
- Submitted patch which fixed a compiler issue and cleaned up HTML and CSS
code, applied CSS to all output, and fixed up HTML to 4.01 strict
- Added '|' support to the pattern matching routines.
- Pointed out that -t did not sort properly for files with the same
- Suggested option to change HTML title and H1 string.
- Suggested -r option for reversed alphanumeric sort ala 'ls -r'.
- Provided patch to support OS/2, fix HTML encoding, provide charset
support. Added to authors list.
- Debian maintainer who pointed out problems and applied fire to feet to fix
- Suggested -h option for human readable output for -s, ala ls -lh.
- Supplied patch to make tree under cygwin.
- Provided patch to fix a colorization bug when dealing with special
files and directories that seem to have an extension.
- Suggested removing trailing slash on user supplied directory names if -f
option is used.
- Pointed out broken HTML output in 1.5.1.
- Suggested --filelimit option.
- Suggested -v option (version sort).
- Provided build options for Solaris.
- Provided build options and source mods for HP NonStop support.
- Noted that setlocale() should come before MB_CUR_MAX check.
- Submitted patch to remove compiler warnings for Solaris.
William C. Lathan III
- Provided patch which fixes issue where indent may output more than it should when dirs[*] is not properly cleared before use.
- Showed that tree was not properly quoting arguments to recursively called tree instances when using -R.
Tim Waugh (redhat)
- Submitted patch for --si option.
- Pointed out a potential memory leak in listdir().
- Tracked down bug where tree would print "argetm" before the filename of a
symbolic link when the "target" option was specified for LINK in dircolors.
- Suggested that tree backslash spaces like ls does for script use. Made output more like ls.
- Pointed out multiple CLI defenciencies (via Debian)
Tim Mooney (and others)
- Provided patch to make tree more reliably detect the UTF-8 locale.
- Noticed S_ISDOOR/S_IFDOOR spelling mistake for under Solaris.
- Pointed out possible memory overflow in read_dir (path/lbuf not equal in
size to pathsize/lbufsize.)
- Pointed out problems with the Makefile w/ respect to OSX.
- Provided patch for filesize sorting.
- Pointed out that the HTML output was broken when -L 1 option was used.
- Pointed out that modern systems may use 32 bit uid/gids which could lead
to a potential buffer overflow in the uid/gid to name mapping functions.
Brian Mattern & Jason A. Donenfeld
- Provided patch to add JSON support.
Jason A. Donenfeld
- Provided patch to add --matchdirs functionality.
- Added --caseinsentive, renamed --ignore-case option.
- Bugged me a lot.
- Found a bug where the wrong inode (and device) information would be
printed for symbolic links.
- Fixed issue where mbstowcs() fails to null terminate the string due to
improper UTF-8 encoding leading to garbage being printed.
- Fixed issue with malformed multibyte string handling.
John Lane, Tad, others
- Pointed out that JSON size output ignored -h/--si flags
- Fixed JSON output hanging commas
- Improved command line switch error reporting.
- Symbolic links not displayed if a -P pattern is active
- Missing argument error reporting fixes on long format switches.
- Update BINDIR in Makefile for MacOS X -- It is not allowed to install
programs to /usr/bin on MacOS X any longer due to System Integrity
- Some man page fixes and cleanups
- Suggested adding support for BSD's CLICOLOR and CLICOLOR_FORCE environment
And many others whom I've failed to keep track of. I should have started
this list years ago.