GED stand for General Education Development. You may have heard the GED test
referred to as the High-School Equivalency Test. Yes, the test measures your ability
against that of graduating high-school students and gives you a chance to earn a
certificate that is the equivalent of a high-school diploma. And, you do not have to
go back to schoo to get it. That's quite an opportunity!
|How is the test administered?|
It will take you about 7 1/2 hours to complete all five areas of GED test.
Every state has its own plicy regarding the GED test. Soem prefere that you take the
entire five tests in one day. Some will allow you t ovreak your GED test into two parts;
tehy might let you take two tests on one day and the other three on another.
In most states, you must get a total minimum standard score of 225 points to pass
the GED test. This means that you need an average standard score of 45 on each of the
suject tests. Minimum passing scores vary from state to state.
If you don't pass one or more the test, or even all five of them, you can retake
any you didn't pass. Each time you take a test, you will have a different set of
|Techniques and tips for taking the test|
- Always read directions at the beginning of each section. Directions are not the
same for every section.
- Be sure to answer every question on the test. Your scores will be based on
the number of ansers you get right; you do not get any points taken off for marking wrong
- Read the questions carefully. Don't come to a choice in a rush.
- Try to eliminate the choice(s) that obviously wrong first. You job becomes a lot
easier if you just have to decide the more logical-looking options.
- Be sure to mark your answer sheets correctly. You know why...
- When you write your GED essay, make sure your handwriting is neat and legible. It
doesn't have to look perfect, and you can cross out words and phrases, bu the scorers
can't read your essay, they have to give a score of "0".
- Studies show that it is safer to stick to your first impressions.
- If you finish early, don't turn in you test, yet. Use every minute you have to go
back and check your answers. Clean up your answer sheent and erase distracting marks.
Review your essay one more time. You've worked hard to get to this point, so make your
final munutes count!
- And more... Maybe you can contribute some during our program!
Go Back to the top